There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Five Describing Factors of Dyslexia. November 13, 2014
- Accommodation Decision Making for Postsecondary Students With Learning Disabilities: Individually Tailored or One Size Fits All? November 12, 2014
- WISC-IV Intellectual Profiles in Italian Children With Specific Learning Disorder and Related Impairments in Reading, Written Expression, and Mathematics. October 26, 2014
- Examining Associations Among ADHD, Homework Behavior, and Reading Comprehension: A Twin Study. October 26, 2014
- Early Identification of Reading Comprehension Difficulties. October 23, 2014