There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Number Processing and Heterogeneity of Developmental Dyscalculia: Subtypes With Different Cognitive Profiles and Deficits. March 4, 2014
- A Longitudinal Examination of the Persistence of Late Emerging Reading Disabilities. March 3, 2014
- Pinyin Invented Spelling in Mandarin Chinese-Speaking Children With and Without Reading Difficulties. March 3, 2014
- Using a Multidimensional Measure of Resilience to Explain Life Satisfaction and Academic Achievement of Adults With Reading Difficulties. March 3, 2014
- A Meta-Analysis of Working Memory Deficits in Children With Learning Difficulties: Is There a Difference Between Verbal Domain and Numerical Domain? February 17, 2014