There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Cognitive Prediction of Reading, Math, and Attention: Shared and Unique Influences. January 28, 2016
- Comorbidity of Arithmetic and Reading Disorder: Basic Number Processing and Calculation in Children With Learning Impairments. January 14, 2016
- Perceived Close Relationships With Parents, Teachers, and Peers: Predictors of Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Features in Adolescents With LD or Comorbid LD and ADHD. January 12, 2016
- Eye Movements and Articulations During a Letter Naming Speed Task: Children With and Without Dyslexia. January 12, 2016
- Executive Functions Contribute Uniquely to Reading Competence in Minority Youth. January 10, 2016