There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Double-Deficit Hypothesis in a Clinical Sample: Extension Beyond Reading. February 24, 2015
- Examining Postsecondary Education Predictors and Participation for Students With Learning Disabilities. February 18, 2015
- Specific Learning Disorders: A Look Inside Children's and Parents' Psychological Well-Being and Relationships. January 20, 2015
- Teaching Algebra to Students With Learning Disabilities: Where Have We Come and Where Should We Go? December 28, 2014
- Strategic Development for Middle School Students Struggling With Fractions: Assessment and Intervention. December 14, 2014