There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Advancing Stage 2 Research on Measures for Monitoring Kindergarten Reading Progress. December 31, 2016
- Temporal Processing Development in Chinese Primary School-Aged Children With Dyslexia. December 8, 2016
- Beyond Phonology: Visual Processes Predict Alphanumeric and Nonalphanumeric Rapid Naming in Poor Early Readers. November 28, 2016
- Combined Modality Intervention for ADHD With Comorbid Reading Disorders: A Proof of Concept Study. November 27, 2016
- Making Space for Spatial Proportions. November 27, 2016