There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Numerical Magnitude Representation in Children With Mathematical Difficulties With or Without Reading Difficulties. April 14, 2014
- Anxiety and Depression in Children With Nonverbal Learning Disabilities, Reading Disabilities, or Typical Development. April 13, 2014
- A Study of the Relationships Among Chinese Multicharacter Words, Subtypes of Readers, and Instructional Methods. April 13, 2014
- Oral and Written Expression in Children With Reading Comprehension Difficulties. April 6, 2014
- A Meta-Analysis of the Long-Term Effects of Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, and Reading Comprehension Interventions. April 3, 2014