There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- Old/New Effect of Digital Memory Retrieval in Chinese Dyscalculia: Evidence from ERP. August 11, 2015
- Metacognitive Reading and Study Strategies and Academic Achievement of University Students With and Without a History of Reading Difficulties. July 29, 2015
- A Randomized Control Trial of Working Memory Training With and Without Strategy Instruction: Effects on Young Children's Working Memory and Comprehension. July 7, 2015
- Defective Number Sense or Impaired Access? Differential Impairments in Different Subgroups of Children With Mathematics Difficulties. June 7, 2015
- Metacognitive Strategies: A Foundation for Early Word Spelling and Reading in Kindergartners With SLI. June 7, 2015