There are many people who suffer from what is known as writing disabilities, which means that they suffer from a learning disability when it comes to writing. However, this disability, like many others, is conquerable. There are many different forms of treatment, and treatment options widely vary, depending on what doctor is recommending the treatment. Some doctors will simply recommend the use of computers, which is only really a temporary solution, as it does not solve the entire problem. Patients may also wish to undergo some sort of occupational therapy, which concentrates on one specific muscle group. In this instance, the therapy concentrates on the muscles in the hands and works to improve muscle tone, hand-eye coordination, and dexterity. Language therapy is also employed with some patients, which works to improve the way the patient makes connections between letters, sounds, and ...Read More...
- School Experiences of Adolescents With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. March 19, 2015
- Reading Achievement, Mastery, and Performance Goal Structures Among Students With Learning Disabilities: A Nonlinear Perspective. March 18, 2015
- Special Series Introduction: Adolescents and Young Adults With LD and/or ADHD-Theoretical, Empirical, and Practical Perspectives. March 15, 2015
- The Benefits of High School Career and Technical Education (CTE) for Youth With Learning Disabilities. March 15, 2015
- Symptom Manifestation and Impairments in College Students With ADHD. March 15, 2015